List of ecosystem milestones
List is subject to change.
BitTube browser upgrades - medium term:
We intend the BitTube browser to become a pillar of the ecosystem. It will enable true decentralization where every user will participate in the network in multiple ways.
- Tor integration
- Local BitTube.tv frontend integration (i.e. domain can't be censored)
- BitTubeHost: p2p storage node capability and interface
- Native offline GUI wallet node & interface
- Auto updater (enables auto updates of BitTube.tv front end versions)
- Seamless switching between p2p/cloud on BitTube.tv (not Browser related)
- Long term: simple decentralized exchange (p2p orderbooks and OTC trading, reduce dependency on centralized liquidity on exchanges)
Mobile Messenger App - medium term:
- Based on Signal (p2p, encrypted).
- Name TBD
- AirTime integrated
- Wallet integrated to send/receive funds
- Exploring deep integration with the BitTube.tv platform:
- All-in-one app
- Push notifications
- Private messages & chats
- Integrate BitTube browser itself
BitTube.tv mobile app (ETA May 2020):
- Native mobile app for BitTube.tv for Android and iOS
Extension/Module updates - medium term
- Browser extension: The extension should become an accessory, not a requirement. Make it lightweight. Reduce bloat, improve performance and security by modularity. Move certain features to the AirTime module, to bittubeapp.com or to bittube.tv, such as wallet, verification, account management, statistics, etc.
- Extension feature for linked social accounts: Cross-publish your posts/comments from other platforms automatically or manually. This could be useful to auto-publish your YouTube videos to BitTube.tv, for example.
- AirTime module: improve detection of elements and fair AirTime distribution when mixed content is shown on the page, including external embedded content.
- Hard fork to cuckaroo algorithm for 15-second block times - short term
- Save torrent hashes on blockchain for immutability - medium term.
- Currently experimenting with peertube: see bittube.video
- Move to AirTime-based PoS (useful work) - long term:
- Exploring different models: Proof-of-Stake (PoS), Hybrid PoW-PoS, high interest in Proof-of-Capacity (BURST protocol).